Many people seem to think that they need to hire a cleaning service like Montreal Residential Cleaners each week in order to keep their homes clutter free and clean, may be a deterrent if they do not have a budget for it. This is not true, in fact, you can hire a cleaner once a month or every two weeks and you home will still remain clean if you take measures to ensure that you keep your house tidy during the interim. Getting rid of clutter is one way to keep your house neat and tidy in between scheduled cleaning.
There are many ways to remove cluttered areas from your home. Clutter areas add dust and makes cleaning a harder and longer process. Not to mention, if you organize items, they are much easier to find.
Have you ever had the experience where you were frantically looking for something and when you finally find it, you look around and realize that you created a huge mess when trying to locate it? This happens all the time and this is another great reason to organize your clutter.
Here are some simple tips to organizing your clutter:
Home office or computer area.
1. This is one area that constantly becomes cluttered. Take everything off your desk and out of your drawers and place all items into a huge pile on the floor. The only things that should be on your desk are the computer, and other electronic equipment. Wipe down your desk, and clean your drawers – it is always best to begin with clean surfaces. Sort paper items by date or importance and items by similarity. The amount of piles will be determined by your sort order. Purchase cardboard boxes at the dollar store in matching colors to you room or decorate and paint them yourself. In each box place the paper piles and label them. Place the boxes on a self or neatly stack them. It will add colorful decor to the room,as well as, create order. You can do this for all other items as well. Without clutter there will be more room in your office and drawers to place other more important items.
2. Use paper clips to tie computer wires neatly and remember to label all wires, this way it is easier to know which belongs where.
3. Place everything back in your desk drawers that need to be accessed quickly and add a simple file system for current working projects, with less stuff to organize, it shouldn’t be too hard.
- Clear everything out of your closet, clean it out, sort, and hang items back by color or type of item.
- Place accessories and shoes into similar colored boxes.
- You may consider donating items you no longer wear to cut your wardrobe in half.
- If you work, hanging clothes that you intend to wear for each week makes it easier to find things. Getting ready for work is a huge reason a house becomes messy, having things neatly placed ready to find will make this less stressful and less untidy.
- Install closet organizers as these provide more room and offer places to stack boxes, shoes and other items.
- Do no stack things on your floors – keep floors clear of debris at all times.
- Do not over stuff rooms with furniture and knick knacks – keep it simple.
- Place things on shelves in boxes or baskets or place inside closets. The only thing that should be in your rooms are furniture, lighting fixtures and a few decor items.
- Make sure you make beds and wash dishes on a daily basis. Dishes in sinks makes your house appear cluttered and unmade beds appear lazy.
- If something belongs in the bathroom, it should be in the bathroom and not your bedroom just like food should only be in the kitchen. Tip: Use plastic cups to hold toothbrushes, baskets for razors and coffee containers to store things like rice, sugar and pasta.
- Use a Swiffer or similar product to dust floors quickly each day, use a feather duster to minimize dust. This will make your home feel cleaner and less cluttered.
Finally one of the best ways to make your house stay clean in between cleanings is to simply make sure whatever you use, you place back neatly where it was. This seems to be one of the hardest things for people to do but makes all the difference. If you make a continuous effort to put things back where they belong, dust once every two days, make beds and do dishes you should only need to use a cleaning service once ever few weeks. This will save you time, money and stress.
Remember an organized home is a stress free environment.
For all your house cleaning needs call Sonya at 514.582.5802 or follow us on Facebook!